Saturday, August 13, 2011

Family Photo Book


Living on the other side of the world from our family means we don’t get to see them too often. (Our parents and one sibling have come for visits, but the bulk of our family won’t ever be able to come.) When we go back for a visit (which might happen sooner than we had expected!) I want Little Man to be familiar with people’s faces so I made him a little family album.
I started this little project in a Scrap-booking class at the East Africa ladies retreat earlier this year, but just recently started getting the photos together for it. It’s made from 3 small brown paper bags folded in half. Strategically placed staples create pockets througout the book which can hold mini-books for more pictures. Here’s a picture of one of the mini-books sticking out of it’s pocket.
This little dude comes out of one of the pockets and folds open into this. It’s a variation of what I’ve always called an origami book.
Another pull out mini-book looks a little more normal, but still tucks away in the pockets.
There’s plenty of room to add more pictures so I’ll have to encourage all the siblings and cousins to keep having babies! I’ve got to get a few more pictures in it before I introduce Little Man to his book, but I’m thinking he’s going to like it!

No comments:

Post a Comment