Saturday, August 13, 2011

Tool Belt

My mother-in-law and sister-in-law have been visiting with us for the last few weeks (which has been great!). Among the goodies they brought to Little Man was a Melissa and Doug tool puzzle. Little Man loved it instantly and has done so much “work” with the hammer that the paint is wearing off. I decided he needed a tool belt to go with it. My inspiration for the structure came fromKatie at So Happy.
Here’s Katie’s way cute belt:
image
See that elastic loop that gives the belt some stretch? Genius.
I  measured Little Man and made the belt so that the smallest size would fit him now. Then, I basically just added some loops and pockets. Ta-Da! Here is the result:
with the puzzle pieces
without the puzzle pieces
Here’s a view of the elastic loop and velcro which holds it together.
the whole thing stretched out
the small pocket has a little measuring tape piece in it.
Here’s a blurry shot of the belt in use.

No comments:

Post a Comment